How many people do you know who are diagnosed with diabetes? While diabetes is becoming a very common illness in this generation, it can also be managed. Diabetes management is the process wherein the patient is able to regulate the blood sugar level to prevent the health complications caused by this illness.
Diabetes supplies are essential tools for diabetic patients to control their blood sugar level. And as your provider of medical supplies in New Jersey, we would like to share with you the must-have items of every diabetic patient so they can manage their condition better. Well-managed diabetes equates to quality life no matter the age. Consider the following list:
- Diabetes Organizer
- This pouch or bag is able to contain all of your diabetic supplies so that you can take them anywhere with you. Wherever you’ll be, it’s essential that you have your diabetic supplies within reach so you can prevent major complications. The organizer keeps all these supplies for easier access.
- Test Strips
- These strips are used to determine how high or low your sugar level is. Both instances are life-threatening for a diabetic patient so the glucose level should always be at the right gauge. The test strips help determine such level. The patient needs to test their sugar level every day, and especially before and after heavy workouts.
- Sharp Container
- Diabetes patients will always be in need of needle tools to administer tests and treatments for their condition. These items are mostly disposable and should, therefore, be kept properly to avoid harming others. Sharp containers can temporarily hold syringes or lancets so these can be disposed of at the right time. Diabetic supplies are one of the pharmacy services in Lodi, New Jersey that we provide so if you need these, reach out to us.
- Medical Bracelet
- Because we cannot stop emergency situations from happening, diabetic patients are encouraged to put on medical bracelets that indicate their condition. The great advantage of these bracelets is that other people can be alerted whenever you’re unable to respond during an emergency incident. Emergency responders can provide the right kind of assistance so your life can be saved.
- Log Book
- Whether it’s a manual or electronic logbook, you need to be able to monitor the status of your blood sugar levels. Regularly logging your glucose levels provides sufficient information for your healthcare team to administer the necessary intervention. It also helps you stay aware of the kinds of practices or lifestyle you need to maintain or avoid depending on how these affect your sugar level.
Managing one’s diabetes still needs more supplies, but the above-mentioned are the most common ones. If you would like to replenish your diabetic supplies, don’t hesitate to come and visit us at EssexCare Pharmacy.
Aside from diabetic supplies, we can also assist you in your other needs including medical and surgical supplies. Kindly coordinate with our friendly pharmacists so that you can be provided with the supplies you’re looking for.