A health emergency can happen anytime. Yes, you might need to rush to the hospital if the condition is grave. But if it’s just a minor concern, the right over-the-counter drug would be enough. This is why it’s a must to keep a first aid kit with the essential medicines and other medical supplies in Lodi, New Jersey. To address common illnesses, the following meds would come in handy:
- This is a common medication for fever and minor pains and aches. Before administering this med, call a physician and ask for the right dosage. Adults are allowed to take up to 4 grams daily, while the dosage for kids depends on their weight.
- Aspirin is also common medicines for treating inflammation, pain, and fever. Also, its anti-blood-clotting properties make it an early intervention in preventing stroke and heart attack.
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- This may be taken to reduce inflammation of orthopedic injuries. NSAIDs might also be taken to alleviate pain and fever. However, this isn’t recommended for patients with kidney disease.
- As an expectorant, this OTC medicine is given to those with a cough. With adequate hydration and proper frequency of intake, these meds help get rid of mucus and decrease cough intensity.
- Antibiotics are the first line of treatment for viral infections, body aches, headaches, and sore throat. Be sure to ask for assistance on pharmacy services in New Jersey when choosing antibiotics as there are a lot of brands on the market today.
With these OTC drugs, you can respond to common health emergencies at home faster. If you’re in New Jersey looking to shop all these supplies, visit EssexCare Pharmacy or post your orders online. The pharmacy offers free delivery of medicines and surgical supplies.